Install Scrapy via cygwin

Take the following with a grain of salt, because I'm not 100% sure all the dependencies, but the following should give you enough info to figure out anything which is missing.



1. Install cygwin64
2. Install cygwin packages: python, python3, libxml2-devel, libxslt-devel, libpcre-devel, libffi-devel, gcc-core
3. Install PIP
- wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py
- python get-pip.py
4. Install scrapy
- CFLAGS="-I/cygdrive/c/Cygwin64/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include -I/cygdrive/c/Cygwin64/usr/include/libxml2 -I/cygdrive/c/Cygwin64/usr/include/libxslt" pip2.7 install scrapy



In the process I saw lots of:

- fatal error: libffi/ffi.h: No such file or directory
- fatal error: libxml/xmlversion.h: No such file or directory
- fatal error: libxslt/xsltconfig.h: No such file or directory
- error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1


Think these were all resolved by adding the CFLAGS includes.

No comments: