ANDROID: Cannot create linked resource...

Here's the second error today. While attempting to import the Android project, or attempting to create a new Android project, I kept getting the error:

Cannot create linked resource '/.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders/.link0'. The parent resource is not accessible.

Solution:
Unfortunately, this means it's time to ditch your workspace and create a new one... save your preferences (esp your key bindings), and move your Eclipse workspace to a new location. This should fix the issue.

Other solutions I've found online:
- Reinstalling Eclipse (overkill)
- Reinstalling Android SDK (probably won't help)
- eclipse.exe -clean (doesn't clean the workspace)

Nevertheless, you should try the -clean method, just in case it works for you.


2 comments:

Matt said...

I saw this same problem while debugging some axis2 code. I'd previously attached the source manually (rather than letting maven do it) and when I restarted my workspace, I then had your same error msg. I was able to remove the linked resource from C:\dev\workspaces\myProject\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.core\.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders\.project and things worked fine after that. A pain, but less of a pain then making a new workspace.

Unknown said...

Thanks buddy....