Win32: Setting up OpenVG

I'm completely new to the OpenVG sphere, so this is the very basic of basics. How to run the openVG RI from Khronos site...

First, I downloaded the RI from the site at: http://www.khronos.org/files/openvg_1_0_ri

Unzip the package, and attempt to run the bin\wind32\tiger.exe file

If you got a MSVCRTD.dll is missing, this is because you aren't using Visual Studio 6 (or some other prehistoric version).

I don't recommend this, but you CAN find MSVCRTD.dll online, and throw it into your System32 directory. I found the dll inside some symbian directory... threw it in my System32 directory, and the tiger popped up like a charm... after 2 minutes of loading...

The second, and preferred method, is to recompile the project using your version of Visual Studio (mine is V9). Well I got stumped again when I tried compiling. The application couldn't find GL\glext.h

To solve this download the glext.h from: http://www.opengl.org/resources/faq/technical/extensions.htm

Throw this file inside the VC/include/GL folder (create the GL directory if it doesn't already exist).

The full path of said directory is at (for Visual Studio V9):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\GL

Inside this directory I now have the following:
- glut.h
- glext.h
- glxext.h
- wglext.h

If you also need glut.h, you should refer to an earlier post I wrote about setting up GLUT on your system.

No comments: