MACPORT: 1.9.1 + OSX 10.6.4

While attempting to install Android environment, it prompted me to install MACPORT, followed by this command:

POSIXLY_CORRECT=1 sudo port install gmake libsdl git-core gnupg

Which crashes when attempting to install db46, with a jni.h not found error. Some quick searching on the interweb later, I found this issue exists (probably) with the java sdk installed with Snow Leopard... and the fix is to install this dmg:

https://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=20719

or direct link to the dmg:

http://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?fileID=26495&wosid=3h7EYNxPvekL2pGKzaKoAl6riR9



Edit: So this doesn't actually work for me, and I suspect it's because I'm on 10.6.4, not 10.6.3... but either way, I figured out how to get past db46:

copy and paste the content in:
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Headers

into:
/opt/local/include

After db46 is installed, be sure to remove these additional header files... it's a bad hack.

No comments: